Friday, November 16, 2007

Soy Eggs

You would think that these two words couldnt be used in the same sentence, but they are really some of Chinese people’s favorite foods. Although, when I see people eating hard boiled eggs boiled in soy sauce I question how they can possible do it. Finally I had a taste and it is quite good. Although, walking past the boiling pots filled with soy eggs on the streets aren't too appetizing.

Another mention on the egg front.... Soy Eggs are given as small gifts after a baby is born. It has been a big part of tradition and I have been told that historically eggs were hard to come by and prized when eaten. Personally, I thought that by giving an egg to all of your friends the Chinese are really trying to promote fertility...NO WONDER WHY THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH OVER-POPULATION. I think there is a secret campaign going.

No comments: